Hi! Hopefully, you've learned about the work we're doing from Brower Youth Awards. Here are three ways to get involved!
1.) Read, read, read, read! Then talk and share that knowledge with others! I love reading and so here are some recommendations, related or unrelated to the environment or environmental education. Also, feel free to visit my writing space, 20 Something & Growing where I share a lot of opinions about food justice, black liberation, and things related to Chicago! Comment!
- From #BlackLivesMatter to Black Liberation by Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor
- The Next American Revolution by Grace Lee Boggs
- The Color of Law by Richard Rothstein
- Belonging: A Culture of Place by bell hooks
- No Is Not Enough by Naomi Klein
- Our Revolution by Bernie Sanders
2.) Share our fundraising page and donate to our Generosity page! We're raising $50,000! The funds will all go towards operating the garden for the next 3 years.
- $300 pays for one student for a weekly hands-on nutrition education in the garden for a growing season. (Growing season includes roughly 30 weeks of programming, from March - November)
We appreciate a donation of any size!
3.) Leave a message below:
If you were inspired, have ideas, wanna chat, or anything else that exists out there in the sphere of things, please send through form below!